Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Why I always take my whole coupon binder to the store! (or...Pillsbury Grands Bisbuits for $.04!)

I'm a coupon planner...I prefer it if everything is organized BEFORE I go to the store.  I have my coupon binder, plus a bunch of envelopes marked with the names of store I shop frequently that I store inside my binder.  When I'm going shopping I plan out my trip, pull the coupons I'm planning to use out of my binder and put them in the envelope for that store.  Geeky, I know, but that's how I roll. :)

However, after a couple disappointing trips where I saw great deals I knew I had coupons for...at home...I started carrying my big binder with me everywhere.  I still pre-plan, but now the envelope just gets tucked into the front pocket of my binder and I bring the whole thing.

Last week it paid off at Albertsons!  My store had one variety of Pillsbury Grands Biscuits on an unadvertised Bonus Buy for $.99/can, and they were marked as part of the GM promo (buy 10 items, save $5 instantly).  I happened down that aisle, saw the sign and thought "I know I've got coupons for those!"



And because I had my binder with me, I ended up with 10 cans for $.40 TOTAL.

10 Biscuits at $.99 = $9.90
Save $5 instantly
Used (3) $.75/3 Pillsbury Rolls or Biscuits printables + 3 Doublers
= $.40

They don't expire for a couple months, so in the meantime we'll be having biscuits with dinner, making Monkey Bread, mini-pizzas with the biscuits as dough, maybe some Mini Taco Bowls.  Yum!

All that to say I encourage you to clip all the coupons you know your family would use if you got the product for free (or nearly so), organize them and take them shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment