Monday, June 7, 2010

My Intro to Couponing

So I must admit I have looked into couponing a couple times in the past, but never tried it. I read some blogs and saw all the crazy deals people were getting but just didn't believe it was possible! It didn't help that lots of the blogs mentioned stores that double coupons regularly (a practice I remember from my early years back east) - I figured since ours here don't then it would never work. Happy to say now - boy was I wrong!!!

On May 24th Amber, the wonderful woman who runs Coupon Connections NW, put on a class for my church. Looking at her examples and great presentation suddenly made it all click in my head - and the list of suggested 'stock up' prices she included blew me away. Really?! I should really only stock up on toothpaste when it's FREE? This happens?!?! I was ready to jump in with both feet and give this a shot!

I started by subscribing to my local paper using the great 5-Sunday-papers deal that Coupon Connections NW has negotiated (definitely visit her site for more info) and visited stores to build up my stash (Safeway May coupon book, Add Dairy to your Summer coupon book, etc.)

To organize my coupons I also pulled out an old zipper-closure binder I had sitting unused and ordered a 100-pack of baseball card protector sheets from Amazon. I'll take some pictures of my binder to post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment